Saturday, April 30, 2011

Simon Says Stamp and Creative Card Crew Challenges


The challenge at Simon Says Stamp this week is "Anything Goes" and at Creative Card Crew it is "Child's Play". I had fun making this card with some great Hambo stamps and a new technique (to me anyway). I cut a couple circles with my nesties and attached them to a white piece of cardstock as a mask. Then I sprayed the cardstock with several colors of Smooch Spritz. After it dried, I removed the masks and outlined the white circles with a thin black marker. I stamped the sentiment in one and the boy with his sandcastle in the other white circle. I also stamped the sand castle on thin cork paper and cut it out. I paper pieced the flag and the little boy's shirt and colored him with my Copics. I really like how it turned out and will try this again in the future.

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jane said...

Too cute! Neat technique!

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Love the cork paper, really nicely done :)

paper fun said...

Very cute. I love the technique you used. The image is perfect for our childs play challenge!

Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

Mari