Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Hambo Hoedown and Card Drive for SAS4Kids!!

I am thrilled to share with you that Hambo Stamps and their blog, Hambo Hoedown is joining forces with Send a Smile 4 Kids to do a card drive for us! Their new challenge starting today is Anything Goes and they are asking everyone who enters the challenge to consider sending in their card to Send a Smile 4 Kids to cheer our kids inpatient in children's hospitals! I love Hambo Stamps and want to thank them so much for sponsoring this card drive.

The new stamp this week featured on Hambo's challenge blog is this adorable Bailey. Isn't he sweet? If you participated in Hambo's challenge last week, you got this digital stamp for free emailed to you! You can use him on your card or any Hambo stamp, and if you do not have any yet, you can go to the site and use a Hambo freebie for your card. I love to use humor in my cards so I have many of their stamps, both digital and "real". If you participate this week in the challenge, you will get next week's free digital stamp emailed to you! What a great deal!

For my card as a guest dt member at Hambo Hoedown today, I printed Bailey on grey patterned paper and cut him out. I printed his heart on red, cut it out and raised it up with mounting tape. I started with a red piece of cardstock A2 size, but the white piece is the part of the card that opens. I embossed the top part of the card with a Sizzix large dot embossing folder and then stamped Wild Thing (My Favorite Things) in red and blue and finished by embossing below the word strip. Bailey was attached to complete this fun card for my kids.

I am entering this card in the challenge this week at Incy Wincy Designs.

Stamping smiles 4 our kids, Karen
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

jimlynn said...

He's just adorable! Love that sentiment with this cute image too. Great embossing.
Lynn

dragonllew said...

Great card love the embossing thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy this week.
Jenny x