Wednesday, July 18, 2012

DCC Challenge at Repeat Impressions



It’s another Designer’s Choice Challenge at The House that Stamps Built, Repeat Impression’s blog. It’s Maki’s turn and she is challenging us to make a card with the Outdoors or Wildlife as its theme. Please visit the blog for all the details and to see the other Rock Star's cards for this DCC challenge. 

For my card, I stamped the loon stamp on white paper and then masked him and the moon. I tore some paper and created the line between the night sky and the water and brayered on shades of blue and oranges and browns. I stamped the loon again on acetate and brayered on the reflection. Then I stamped the sentiment and layered on a black card.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at That Craft Place.





If you are in a bookstore or stamping store that carries Scrap and Stamp Arts magazine, check out pages 50-51 of this issue (September 2012). I had an article with some samples accepted and it should be on shelves right now:)

Stamping smiles, Karen 

8 comments:

Mervi said...

Hi Karen,
gorgeous card, beautiful scene;-))m

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Karen!!What a beautiful card and your scene is gorgeous!!
Hugs,
Chris

Cheri said...

Fabulous reversed image on this one, Karen. Love loons - they're my favorite water bird. CONGRATULATIONS!!! On being published!! Wooohooo!!! High five for ya Rock Star Sis!

Anonymous said...

Karen the loom is awesome. Kudos

Lynette said...

cool card, Karen - love the reflection!

Patti J said...

Congrats on your publication, Karen! Your card is beautiful and I love the sentiment! What fun :) Thanks for sharing :)

Kezzy said...

Wow beautiful card, love how the duck reflects in the water. Thank you for joining us at That Craft Place Challenge Blog :-) Kerry x

joy said...

Beautiful job on coloring - I love the reflection!