Sunday, July 29, 2012

Happy Birthday Nate!


I am on my way to celebrate my grandson's 6th birthday and am sharing his birthday card, a tea light cake and a scrapbook page with you today. Nate loves loves loves his super heroes so I put his face on a Captain America body and said Happy Birthday Super Nate in this cascading card. I am entering this card in the Cascading Card Challenge at Technique Tuesday  and if you click on the link, there is a tutorial there on how to make one. Here is another view of the card from the top:


I used a stars embossing folder from Cuttlebug and two border punches from Martha Stewart. I hope he likes his card. And here is a little birthday tea light cake I made with images of another favorite of his: Legos.


Here is a link on how to make a cake like this one. And one more thing to share with you- a scrapbook page with some fun pictures and quotes. (You should be able to click on the pictures to make them bigger if you want.)



I will be back on Tuesday with more cards after celebrating this weekend. Have a great weekend and Monday.

Stamping smiles, Karen 

4 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Super CUTE! I'm sure he'll be thrilled! xxD

Mynn xx said...

What absolutely fabulous creations, Karen! LOVE the amazing cascading card you've made, and your cake is wonderful! Thank you fo much for joining me at Technique Tuesday!!! :)

Diane Ronge said...

I've done this style of card before- cascading card but I've never thought of it as a kids card. Thank you for opening up my mind and thinking outside of the box .

Carol said...

This is a real fun birthday card!