Tuesday, July 10, 2012

When the Scrap Hits the Fun!


Have I shared with you lately what a wonderful blessing stamping and blogging can be? Just by blogging and following other talented bloggers and stampers, we can become friends with them even if they live halfway around the world! I have been an admirer of Marion Fal of When the Scrap Hits the Fun for quite awhile now, and have  grabbed up many of the freebies she offers. She is a generous and talented artist who lives in Greece and she has wonderful designs for kids and adults and many imaginative sentiments too. Last week, Marion asked me to help her promote her digital stamps by designing and sharing cards with you on my blog. What fun! All her digital stamps are available here and check out her paper piecing files too!

My first card for WTSHTF features "Cake Bear 2" who is beary sweet:) I started with a sidestep card (tutorial here if you have not made one yet.) I embossed and sponged the card. I paper pieced just about all the pieces of the sweet bear and her cake, with a little coloring using gel pens. I like pink and yellow together especially for girl's cards, so I printed the sentiment on pink paper and colored the cake with copics and gel pens.

I am entering this card in the paper piecing challenge at Sweet Stampin', and the Anything Goes challenge at Catch the Bug.

Stamping smiles, Karen




10 comments:

Kim said...

Great card, love the sentiment! Glad you could join us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

marion82 said...

welcome aboard sweetie!! love the card you made with my designs!!
hugs
xMx

Creations by Shirl said...

Super cute card Karen!
I'm also your newest follower # 160
Your teamie at WTSHTF - Shirl

Linda said...

What a gorgeous card, the image is so sweet
Hugs Linda (teamie at WTHTF)

Crafting Vicky said...

What a gorgeous card! I'm now a follower of your blog ;) It's a pleasure to be creating with such a wonderful team! Teamie at WTSHTF

Pinkies Sparkly Creations said...

absolutly stunning cant wait to work with you on wtshtf emma xx

cheryl said...

hi Hun this is one,gorgeous card,love that image,just wanted to pop over to say,hi,and to say cant wait to work with you on marion's designs hugs Cherylxxxx

Fiona said...

wow this is cool...love the bright colours and a perfect sentiment..

Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

Fi
x

Tracy Wray aka Trak said...

oh i love the card and welcome to the WTSHTF DT
hugs tracy x

Wishcraft said...

Lovely card, so cute! Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin' :o) Hugs, Lisa x