Thursday, August 2, 2012

Crackerbox Palace Thursday and More Blog Candy!



It's Crackerbox Palace Thursday and today I am sharing two cards I made with some cards featuring sentiment stamps that are available from Crackerbox Palace.  You can win your choice of the stamps featured on the front of one of these cards by leaving a comment at either blog.  The simple requirements for a chance at winning this week’s blog candy are below.

But first- the winner of last week’s blog candy of the stamps featured on one of the popcorn cards last Thursday is………………Joyce M! Here is her winning comment from Karen’s blog:  "Hey, Karen. What a cute set of stamps. I love what you did with them. Super cute!!!"
Joyce, please send me or Crackerbox Palace your address and your choice of which stamps you want, so we can get you the stamps you have won.  And remember you can win another CBP stamp of your choice simply by posting a card you made with the stamps you won to your blog or Splitcoast Stampers gallery and sending us a link.

I decided to focus on sentiments this week. When I make a card I am always thinking- what is the card trying to communicate? Thank you, birthday wishes, sympathy? What am I trying to say? I guess that is why I am always drawn to stamp companies who have a great line of sentiment stamps and Crackerbox Palace has hundreds of perfect sentiment stamps. I also played around with two major fads on in bloggerville right now: chevrons and hexagons. I used a chevron embossing folder (from Stampin’ Up) on my first card and various shades of purple to make the background. I stamped the beautiful sentiment and cut it out with a die from Quik Cutz. I added a butterfly (Martha Stewart) and pearl to complete the CAS card. 


My second card features another beautiful sentiment from CBP, hexagons cut out after embossing with an embossing folder from Craft Concepts, and another butterfly and pearl.

So would you like to win the fun stamps featured on the front of one of today’s cards? Here is how to win our weekly blog candy:

 1.) We have decided that becoming a follower on both blogs is going to be something we would prefer you do but not a requirement.  My blog is here and the Crackerbox Palace blog is here. 

2.) Leave a comment on either my blog or the Crackerbox Palace blog on the Thursday blogpost featuring CBP stamps.  If you leave a comment on BOTH blogs, you will be entered twice in the drawing.   The deadline to leave a comment will be the following Wednesday at Noon CST. Mr. Random will pick a winner from the comments and he or she will win the featured stamp(s). You must send me (khasheck@gmail.com) or Crackerbox Palace (crackerbox@crackerboxstamps.com an email with your home address so the stamps can be mailed to you.  And if you post a card to your blog or to Splitcoast Stampers with the stamps you won and send a link to Crackerbox Palace, you will win another Crackerbox Palace stamp of your choice!!

I am entering these cards in the Birthday or any Special Day challenge at Kaboodle Doodles and the Anything Goes challenge at Tammy’s Scrapin’ Corner.


Crackerbox Palace smiles, Karen

5 comments:

Gilberto G Reyes said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DonnaMundinger said...

Beautiful sentiments and love how you've pieced the embossing. I don't know which I like best. Both are just lovely. xxD

Ime said...

Great card! Love the embossing and the colors you use on both cards. Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles

Moments by Marla said...

Beautiful cards with beautiful sentiments. Love the hexagon and chevron embossing. I think the birthday sentiment is my favorite as I have not seen this anywhere else.

Diane Ronge said...

I really like the sentiment on the second card that is one I've never heard of it before. "Wishing you love....." Is so cool. Thank you for these ideas.