Saturday, January 12, 2013

Tuesday Throwdown and Penny's Paper- Crafty Challenges


"Shiny and New" is the challenge this week at Tuesday Throwdown and Anything Goes at Penny's Paper-Crafty.  I am sharing a card I made with new dies from Spellbinders that I just love. The cat-tails are a new Shapeabilites D-Lite die and the layering was done with Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles which were cut and embossed. I also used a circle mask for the moon and sponged yellow and brown inks behind the cat-tails. I used my new favorite color combo - cream and kraft with a little brown and love the look.

Stamping smiles, Karen

7 comments:

Marilyn said...

This is gorgeous Karen!

Vicky Briggs said...

love your card!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. That frame really works with the image and it is just so pretty. I suck at masking but you did a really great job with it.
Thanks for joining our AG challenge at Penny's this week.
Tammy DT

Deonna B said...

I love this Karen and i also want that Cat-tails die. I've been looking at it for awhile and now that i've seen your card I have to have it. LOL. Thanks for the inspiration!

Julie said...

This is lovely - the masking looks fab - I really should give it a go sometime!

Thanks for playing at Tuesday Throwdown!

Hugs

Julie x

NanaConnie said...

This really is magnificent, Karen! What a perfect combination of dies you chose. I've just added those to my wish list. Now, putting on my DT hat -- Thanks for joining in at Tuesday Throwdown this week, and good luck in the draw.
NanaConnie DT

Kim said...

I love your new die. It's beautiful incorporated into your card. The silhoutte image pops nicely against the neutral tones. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

Kim