Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Challenges 4 Everybody and Hobby Cutz Challenges


Anything Goes at Challenges 4 Everybody and Hobby Cutz Challenges this week so I am sharing one of the cards I designed for our stamp camp this Saturday in the Wausau WI area. If you are local, there are still a few spots available if you want to join us.

I love this wedding card I made in black and white. The bride and groom stamp is by Penny Black and I stamped them on a circle cut with my nesties, then embossed and paper pieced her dress. After stamping the sentiment and attaching the circle, I added butterflies all around the circle. The white butterflies (punch  by Martha Stewart) were embossed with my favorite Cuttlebug folder and accented with black liquid pearls. The black butterflies have white liquid pearls added, and I used stickles on the flowers. This is what the inside of the card looks like:

Stamping smiles, Karen


8 comments:

theCook said...

Wow this card is beautiful! I absolutely love the idea of the butterfly circle, with the repeated butterfly on the inside of the card... And that black and white combo is very elegant!
Thanks for joining us in our first challenge at Hobbycutz!

Kathyk said...

Simply stunning - love your choice of going monochrome with this.

Thank you for joining us over at Hobbycutz for our first ever challenge

Kathyk

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Beautiful card Karen!

Warm hugs
Maarit

Kathyk said...


The Hobbycutz bloghop starts here - you can win prizes

Vicky Briggs said...

beautiful card Karen, love the butterflies!
Vicky Briggs

Unknown said...

Oh gosh! Such a striking card Karen! Love the monochrome and beautiful design you have created and, what can I say about that gorgeous sentiment apart from ..... just perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at Challenges4Everybody and good luck!
Hugs, Tracey x

Unknown said...

This is a lovely Creation...Thank You for Sharing at Hobbycutz....Hugs Kobie

Kim Bell said...

Amazing card WOW. I just love butterflies. Thanks so much for joining us at HobbyCutz.

Hugz
Kim