Sunday, July 28, 2013

Kids Cards on Silhouette Sunday


I love my Silhouette Portrait electronic cutting machine and one of the main reasons is because it makes it so easy and inexpensive to create cards specifically for a family member or friend. This card for my grandson- obviously a big Harry Potter fan- was created with two cutting files I purchased from Silhouette America for less than a dollar (with my subscription. Without it would have been less than $2.) Harry Potter was a print and cut file and the sentiment was simply cut out and attached.
I admit this card was quite a bit harder- or should I say time consuming to put together. There are a bunch of these fun animals from the back and front available at the Silhouette America store and many of them are print and cut, but I chose one that was not. I had a lot of little pieces to shade and put together, but it turned out cute. I have seen cards with punched bunny buts going into a hole and then on the other side, coming out. I wanted to try this idea, so I created a black circle hole and embossed a brown card to look like a tree. The green branches were also cut with a Silhouette American cutting file.
This is the inside of the card. The hippo is coming out of the hole- although why a hippo would be going into or coming out of a tree hole is a good question...But he is cute:) I cut the HI! with the Silhouette as well. I think my grandson will like this card sometime in the mail.

I am entering these cards in the Anything Goes challenge at Sister Act and the Emboss It challenge at Milk Coffee Challenge. 

Stamping and Silhouette Smiles, Karen

1 comment:

~Heidi~ said...

This is a totally adorable card!