Sunday, August 25, 2013

Silhouette Sunday End of Summer Cards (and a Super Find!)


The challenge this week at the Silhouette Blog is to use numbers on our cards. I had fun designing this teacher thank you card with primary colors and files from the Silhouette store. Two of the files were FREE weekly shapes- the apple and the chalkboard letters. The numbers along the bottom are from a school border file by Miss Kate. I designed a CAS square card using them, a green dotted card stock and a ruler washi tape strip.



I created a matching envelope with my exciting new find- the Envelope Punch Board by We R Memory Keepers. I saw it demoed yesterday at a stamp store we visited and had it buy it immediately. It is sooooo easy to make a matching envelope with any paper- it took less than a minute to score and fold this matching envelope for the larger square card I had made. I give the Envelope Punch Board 5 stars for ease of use and recommend it very highly.


The second card I am featuring today is for the Hooray for Summer challenge at the Raisin Boat Blog.  I just had to make one more card this summer with the flip flop cutting file from Silhouette America, especially since I found this delightful summer sentiment set of stamps from Joy's Life. I cut the flip flops in blue and pink and added some fun flowers. The "sand" was created by tearing and shading some cork paper. I stamped the fabulous sentiment and added some star buttons to complete the card.

Stamping and Silhouette smiles, Karen

1 comment:

Linda said...

Love your card and envelope Karen. RB carries those now. I have not tried one yet. They look like fun. Thanks for joining the challenges this month at Raisin Boat.
Hugs, Linda