Sunday, September 15, 2013

First Time Welding on Silhouette Sunday


The challenge this week at the Silhouette Blog is to create a project using the welding tool. I had been meaning to find the time to figure out how to weld objects together and to get some cute Halloween cards done for my kids, so this was a perfect challenge for me.


I fell in love with this chubby ghost from the Silhouette America site and made this cute Halloween card with him and my spider web embossing folder. But I though it would be even cuter if I made a card in the shape of the chubby ghost. So I duplicated the ghost, flipped him and then welded the two pieces together before cutting out with my Silhouette Portrait machine. I also welded the sentiment on the inside together to make it much easier to attach. This is what the card looks like open to the inside:

I was pretty proud of myself learning how to flip and weld to create this cute card. I am also entering the top card in the "For the Kids" challenge at Card Makin' Mamas.

Stamping and Silhouette smiles, Karen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quite and Awesome well done!

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Love your card! Thanks for sharing with us at Card Makin' Mamas, Susan x