Sunday, January 26, 2014

Stencils and Fonts on Silhouette Sunday


Still having fun this weekend playing with stencils and techniques and tips I am learning in the online class I am taking. The challenge this week at the Silhouette Blog is to use a favorite font in a new project. I cut the you and me with Expose' Wide font. I knew I wanted to use the fun Ampersand stencil I recently purchased from TCW. I started with a background that I created with a stencil I cut with my Silhouette and a free file I found on line from Get Silvered (see yesterday's blog post for a link.) Did you know that with the Designer Edition software from Silhouette America, you can import tons of free cutting files available on line?

One of the tips I learned in the Stenciled class was to be assertive when spraying with colored misting sprays. Spray with commitment was the phrase they used, and it worked! I was  always so tentative and ended up with blobs and a look I didn't like. I sprayed- with commitment- with purple and light blue Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels, then let it dry. I sponged the ampersand with black ink and picked up a little extra ink on the right part, so I covered it up with sequins. I attached the "you" and "me", and layered on a black card. I think I will use this for an anniversary card for my husband.

Stamping, stencil and Silhouette smiles, Karen

1 comment:

Vicky Briggs said...

I like the sequins, it adds enough bling to make it interesting and they pop. I think your husband would love it!