Friday, February 21, 2014

Roses and Vellum Dimension on Crackerbox Palace Friday


It’s Crackerbox Palace Friday and I am sharing a card that features Crackerbox Palace’s beautiful roses and a technique I call Vellum Dimension. This is one of the cards that will be in an article in Scrap and Stamp Arts in their October issue that I wrote about that technique. Normally I chose animal stamps with stripes or spots, but this card shows the technique can be done with any stamp with smaller areas of white. To achieve the dimension, you stamp on vellum, turn over and “color” in the flowers and leaves with a stylus on a thick pad being careful not to tear the vellum.  This stretches and whitens the velum so it pops out with great dimension. After completing the “coloring”, I attached the vellum piece to a floral frame created with an embossing and cutting folder by Cuttlebug. I added some pearls and rounded the edges to complete the card.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. The CBP website is being upgraded currently, but you can always email or call them if you want any of the stamps I share.

I am entering this card in the Flowers challenge at Inspired by Stamping and the Anything Goes challenge at Creative Moments

8 comments:

shampylou30 said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at creative moments challenge xxxx

Karen Schroeder said...

Gorgeous card! Great technique!

Unknown said...

So pretty on such a dreary day!

Ina G said...

A really lovely card Karen. Great colours and embossing.

Cazzy said...

This is gorgeous Karen, I meant to comment before but I just had surgery and am recovering and taking it easy.

Carol x

ChickAlizadeh said...

Nice Work!!! Beautiful way to display those roses!!

lisa808 said...

Beautiful effect with the vellum dimension. Thanks for joining us at IBS.

Mynn xx said...

Hi, Karen! This creation is just BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE the fabulous image you used and the deeper colors are stunning! Thank you for linking up at Inspired By Stamping! HUGS and have a great week! Mynn xx

PS: I'd love for you to pop over to my blog (On a Stampage)--I've got blog candy up for grabs! :)