Sunday, March 9, 2014

Personalized Birthday Card on Silhouette Sunday

One of the things I love most about my Silhouette and their cutting files is that I can make very special personalized cards for anyone I love. This card is for my grandson Nate who loves his super heroes. The Batman on a motorcycle is a print and cut file and the Kapow is another Silhouette cutting file cut in yellow, black and red.  But the real magic happens when he opens the card up:

Super Nate pops up and floats in the inside of the card! This is another of the Floating Image cards I have been playing with and I love how it turned out. The inside of the card has two 1/2 inch scored pieces that are matched up in the center. 1/2 inch wide pieces of acetate in various lengths are used to attach the letters and other elements to. If your special child's name is too long, the whole name could be placed in an circle or oval on a piece of acetate. Another great thing about the Silhouette and it's software is that any font you have downloaded on your computer automatically pops into the Silhouette software for you to cut your letters with. I chose a nice chunky font for the letters of Nate's name and a super hero font for the Happy Birthday. The batmobile is another print and cut file, which are so easy to use. Here is another picture that shows the whole inside of the card:
I was having so much fun making cards with the floating image technique, I submitted the cards and an article on them to Scrap and Stamp Arts and just found out it will be published in the November/December issue!

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at Jo's Scrap Shack and Sister Act.

2 comments:

cheryl said...

oh hun this is just brilliant so clever and sure he will love this to bits,hugs Cherylxxxx

Brenda said...

What a fun card for a boy! I love the cuts and what little boy doesn't love the super hero's?! Thanks for joining us at Jo's FFC;-)