Thursday, May 22, 2014

Embossed Acetate and Clear Views Card


I have been playing with some new Clear Views Transparency pictures from The Mark-it Place and this one just makes me smile. Weeeeeee- enjoy the ride! I cut the transparency picture and the white under it with a Spellbinders die. The card base is a Core'dinations two sided paper and I stamped and cut the "enjoy" star from the other side of the paper. The star die is a Spellbinders and "enjoy" is a Heidi Swapp stamp.  I dotted the "j" with a star gem I colored black with a Sharpie.

I cut one inch from the bottom of the front and attached a thick piece of acetate that was embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. I added some green Stickles to the intersections of the embossing. It looks better in real life- just hard to photograph the clear acetate.

On the inside of the card, I sponged green stars with a stencil by Heidi Swapp, and stamped the perfect sentiment from Simon Says Stamp. I messed up my first attempt and the rest of the card was complete- don't you just hate that? So I stamped it again on the same green, cut it out and attached it to the center of the card.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at Through the Craft Room Door and Sweet Stamps
and the travel challenge at Simon Says Stamp.

2 comments:

Jo Nevill said...

What a great fun card ! I love the picture you have used.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge.

Jo x

Verna Angerhofer said...

You are always so creative and inventive with your designs. I think that is such a cute focal design and love the way you used the Cuttlebug folder too.