Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Guest DT Contest at The Cutting Edge


There is a new challenge called The Cutting Edge Challenge and they are celebrating their opening with a Guest Designer Contest. You know I love me my die cuts and I was intrigued by the window in the inspiration picture:
I wondered what I would like to see through my window, and I chose a beautiful peaceful Clear Views transparency from The Mark-It Place. I die cut the window (Poppy Stamps), branch and bird (Memory Box), and the "hello" from Paper Smooches.


But look- this card is a version of a tri-shutter with some slightly different folds to show the window scene. I embossed the whole card with a Sizzix embossing folder that looks like bricks so the front really looks like the front of a house. Here is what the inside looks like opened up:
I added a piece of dp with the sentiment from Repeat Impressions, CTMH and  another blue bird. The white piece at the bottom is to write a personal message and sign the card. I must give credit to this blogger and her card that inspired me to try this tri-shutter with a window.

I am entering this card in the Guest DT Challenge at The Cutting Edge and the Anything Goes challenge at 613 Avenue Create.

14 comments:

Sharon Underwood said...

This is awesome! Love the scene through the window. I have the window and branch dies, too, and will have to try them together like this. Great card with the fold! You really did an outstanding job on this. I'm following you, too.

Anonymous said...

What a great card Karen!!!! Love the scene!!

Anonymous said...

What a great card Karen!!!! Love the scene!!

Anonymous said...

What a great card Karen!!!! Love the scene!!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Super dimension on this clever card Karen! So glad you submitted it into The Cutting Edge Guest Designer Contest!

Alanna said...

What a fun card and I love how interactive it is.

Cheri said...

So creative!

PennyRae's Mandala Creation's said...

Very creative, love the scene through the window. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. PennyRae DT

Jean said...

Fun and imaginative! So glad you joined us over at The Cutting Edge!

Brenda said...

Wow, this is an awesome card Karen! I love the window view and boy when you open the card that view is really amazing. I love the brick embossing too!! Great card!! Hugs, Brenda

Manuela said...

Hello Karen, what a wonderful card!! Great Idea with the photo in the tri shutter card!!
And a heartily welcome to my blog :-))

Kim Heggins said...

Karen...this is one gorgeous card! I love, love your sweet window scene, just perfect.

Lisa A. said...

Wow...what a pretty card, Karen!! Not only love the scene and colors...lovely, but a tri fold card...amazing:)!! Thanks so much for joining the contest at The Cutting Edge this week:)!!

Amy Kolling said...

Fabulous card and I love the fold on this!!! Thank you so much for joining us at The Cutting Edge Challenge!