Monday, June 9, 2014

My Most Famous Card Updated and Improved

Today I am sharing an updated version of a card that has been published, won contests and resulted in dozens and dozens of emails about where to get the die cut, the transparency picture and the sentiment. When I saw my first feather card on Pinterest, I fell in love and started searching the internet for feather dies. My vision was to use the positive and the negative and the first few feather dies I bought, really didn't work well for that. Several years later I have finally found a feather die set by Kelly Purkey (purchased through Simon Says Stamp here) that works.  I wanted a die that was tall enough for the Clear View transparency (from The Mark-it Place) and as wide as possible to show the beautiful picture and this is the best I have found. I embossed the feather with a Sizzix embossing folder and colored the tip of the feather with a gold Wink of Stella brush pen. The speckled background was made with the Tim Holtz Distress Marker Spritzer and a marker (any will work.) The best part is the beautiful Native American sympathy sentiment from Crackerbox Palace. I truly believe those I have lost still live in my heart and thoughts. The stamped and cut out feather is also from Crackerbox Palace. This card is one of four in my new Clear Views class being taught in my home and is one of my favorites of all time:)

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at Treasured Times Rubber Stamps and Time 4 Scrap.

2 comments:

Vicky Briggs said...

Still love it, think this is just a beautiful card.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Absolutely stunning.