Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Bisters and Stencils


So as you know I am having fun designing with Bisters (for links to source, tutorial etc., scroll down to slightly earlier blog posts). I decided to try them with a stencil from Cutting Edge Stencils. I taped the stencil down on watercolor paper, tapped the Bisters in various colors in the opening of the stencil and spritzed with water. This is how the background dried- some of the colors combined- each time you try it, you have a different result. So much fun! I die cut some flowers out of vellum with a Penny Black flower die, and added a die cut sentiment  from Penny Black and a couple butterflies also out of vellum.

I am entering this card in the Sentiments challenge at That Craft Place and the Anything Goes challenge at Suzy Bee's.

3 comments:

Deepti said...

This is gorgeous, fab technique :)

Ina G said...

Fabulous card Karen. So bright and colourful.

Vicky Briggs said...

Very Pretty! It sounds like a lot of fun.
Vicky