Thursday, October 2, 2014

CAS with Bister Powders and Stencils


If you follow me, you know I have been having so much fun designing with Bister powders from  I Brake for Stamps. I decided to try the Bisters with open stencils and love the results! I taped down a corner stencil from The Crafter's Workshop on watercolor paper and sprinkled blue, red and natural Bister powders on and spritzed with water. Doesn't that make a pretty background? Then I simply cut off a curved corner and attached to a teal card base. I die cut Memory Box's Serene Bird out of a text dp, sponged on some color and attached on a Memory Box branch to complete the CAS card.

I am entering this in Virginia's View CAS challenge and the Anything Goes challenge at Die Cuttin' Divas.

4 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Just beautiful! I love that sweet bird and your background is simply amazing.

Virginia L. said...

Wow, gorgeous inking, Karen! The stenciled background is truly fabulous! I adore the text on the red birdie. So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View Clean and Simple Challenge!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love this. I think I need some stencils!

ScrappyHappyMommy said...

This is super sweet. Thanks for joining us at DCD this week for our Anything Goes Challenge
Anita
DCD Co-Host and Sponsor Coordinator