Saturday, November 22, 2014

Peace Bokeh Card


I love the Bokeh look on cards and could not resist a new set by Julie Ebersole for Essentials by Ellen (Hutson) called Bokeh Dots. I watched Julie create a card with the little dots stamp and a die cut in a class I took recently, and so I tried that with her Peace die. The words were not clear enough with just stamping, so I diecut the "peace" in white and layered that on the card. The bokeh background was made with lighter shades of blue ink and more circle stamps from the Bokeh Dots set. I added some diecut doves (Memory Box) and some sequins to complete the CAS card.

I am entering this card in the CAS challenge at Polkadoodles, and the Anything Goes challenge at Christmas Stampin' All Year Long.

8 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Karen. Such a beautiful and very calming card. Love the colours, so beautifully shaded.
Have a lovely weekend.
Love Sandra xx

Brenda said...

Beautiful card Karen! I love this look too. Hugs, Brenda

Carol said...

A beautiful card Karen, this technique is on my to do list! Carol x

Ina G said...

Fabulous card Karen. Love the colours so cooling for our hot Christmases.

Heather said...

So pretty and peaceful. : ) Great job with the bokah technique. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love this and love it in the blue colors. I first heard about the bokah technique from you and now I am going to try this some time myself.

Kim Heggins said...

Karen, this is just beautiful and I have to agree with you, I love that look too.

Fabiola said...

très charmante et élégante création Karen, merci de jouer avec nous chez CSAYL, biz