Friday, January 9, 2015

CHA Trade Card



Guess where I am? At CHA in California!! It has been a life long dream of mine to go to CHA and see all the new and exciting craft and stamping products in all the booths in person, and thanks to Vicky of Crackerbox Palace, I am here!! I will give a full report when I am back, but I wanted to pop in here and share the Make and Take Exchange card I made to trade with other stampers from all around the U.S. and world! This is one of the my favorite cards that I made with Crackerbox Palace stamps and Bisters in 2014, and it is even going to be part of an article about Bister powders in Scrap and Stamp Arts  magazine to be published in June of 2015. I heat embossed the beautiful Sea Breeze scene (from Crackerbox Palace) on water color paper with black detail embossing powder. Then I created the sunset scene by sprinkling on red, yellow and blue Bister powders and spritzing with water. Bister powders are available at I Brake for Stamps  and Della from IBFS even donated some samples of Bisters so that those receiving this card at CHA can try Bisters for themselves.

The stamps from Crackerbox Palace used on this card are going to be 20% off at Crackerbox Palace.com all month! That's a great deal so grab it while you can!

10 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh how fun, enjoy yourself. Wish I was there. This is so fabulous, I love the colors and the great design.

Karen Schroeder said...

Hoping you and Vicky are having a fantastic time! I'd love to be there!

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, Karen! Have fun at CHA! Looks like I need to go window shop at Crackerbox Palace! Hugs...

kiwimeskreations said...

What an amazing card Karen - so good to hear you have had a dream come true!
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love your card and I am so happy your dream of attending CHA has come true. Enjoy! Fill us in on details later!

Brenda said...

How exciting to be at CHA Karen!! I hope you are having a grand time!! I love your card, it is so beautiful and I always adore your backgrounds you make. Looks just like a beautiful summer evening. Hugs, Brenda

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my goodness...so excited for you and can not wait to hear all about your adventure when you return.

Vicki Dutcher said...

How fun for you to see a dream come true! It is pretty amazing isn't it? :)

*****A Creative Journey with Melissa***** said...

Wow!! What an amazing gift you have! This card is fabulous and I am honored to be a new fan and follower!! I can't wait to see what amazing things you have to share and I can't wait to see you published!! That is awesome!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Gorgeous!