Saturday, February 28, 2015

Faux Leather Look Card with Bisters


I love how this masculine card turned out - looks even more rustic IRL. I started with a piece of thick kraft cardstock and heat embossed an old TAC crackle background with clear embossing powder. Then I sprinkled on mahogany, natural and brown Bister powders (purchased at I Brake for Stamps) and spritzed with water. I soaked up the excess water with a paper towel and dried the piece with a heat gun. I always use extra watercolor or thick cardstock when working with Bisters or Brushos so I can tape the piece down on a craft sheet with removable tape. Then I cut it down to the size I want for the card. I stamped Crackerbox Palace's old time watch on grey paper, cut out and sponged with Black Soot Distress Ink. I die cut For You (from Impression Obsession) and punched it out with a circle punch. I die cut two black braids from the Braid Border set by Dee's Distinctively, laid them down with alternating centers and attached with silver nail heads. The faux leather card front was attached to a black card base. I will be teaching this card in card classes coming up in my home.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Tuesday Throwdown.

7 comments:

Jacee said...

Fabulous design Karen, love it!
hugs jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning card - I would love to be in your class Karen!!
Blessings
Maxine

meg said...

Love what you've done with the card base really looks like old cracked leather, then an equally antique image and great greeting.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Karen :-) I love the background ! absolutely fabulous and all the details are perfect.
I would love to come to your class too :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Vicky Briggs said...

This is a really nice guys card. I think any guy would love it.

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is so cool! Great background and love the elements you added to it.

Kim Heggins said...

Karen this is so beautiful...love that pocket watch and the vintage look your created.