Sunday, July 5, 2015

Dotted Timeless Mixed Media Card


I am having more fun with new stencils and the mixed media look on my cards. The theme this week at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is Going Dotty and this card certainly qualifies. I started with a piece of watercolor paper that I sprinkled on grey and orange Brusho Coloured Crystals and spritzed with a gold spray from Heidi Swapp. After it was dry, I applied blue 3D Stamp-Paint from Viva through a new stencil from Stencil Girl. Then I sponged black distress ink through a couple of other dotted stencils from The Crafter's Workshop. I die cut a scribble circle (from Papertrey) out of two sided tape from Sookang and removed the top cover and applied Cosmic Shimmer gilding flakes. I layered the scribble circle onto a black circle to complete my dotty card.

I am also entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at Simply Papercraft.

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

This is stunning Karen - loving the look of the 3-D paint!!
Blessings
Maxine

Lin said...

What a wonderful mix of elements, Karen! Love your take on our challenge this week! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Carol D said...

Absolutely beautiful, Karen!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

You are really doing awesome with the mixed media. This is so cool!