Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Baby Card for my Grandson-to-be


My son and his wife are expecting a baby boy and when we visited them last week, I gave them this card along with their present so they could use it for something for the nursery and baby. I used a beautiful saying from Brian Andreas called "Such Small Things" that makes me tear up every time I read it. My daughter has the print from Brian Andreas with these words on the wall in my grandson's room, and I am going to purchase one for my son and his wife too. It says so much about how we love these children even before they are born. I made the carriage with a new technique from Fran of Stampendous that I am super excited about. It is called Deep Impression technique and I used Stampin' Up's baby carriage die and stamp along with glittery blue and regular blue embossing powder. I will  be sharing more cards with this technique and doing a workshop featuring the technique soon as well. The butterfly punch is from Martha Stewart and the embossing folder is from Sizzix.

Here is a picture of the baby carriage close up showing its awesome dimension and sparkle:



I am entering these cards in the Anything Goes challenge at Craft Your Passion and Crafting from the Heart.

4 comments:

Sue said...

A beautiful card and sentiment Karen

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful card and quote, and that pram looks amazing!!
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

How exciting! And, congratulations to all. I love the cute card you created and that is a wonderful sentiment too!

El mundo segĂșn kyso said...

Adorable card! I love all desing! Hugs. Kemly Sc.