Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Snowy Peace Card


I am loving the look of snow created with flicks of masking fluid on watercolor paper before creating a background with B/B/or CB. In this case, I used mostly the new color of Color Burst called Indigo which is a dark blue with a little of the lighter blue Color Burst too. After the Color Burst was dry, I rubbed off the masking fluid dots and it looks like falling snow in a night sky. I cut out the trees (Penny Black), the deer (from Memory Box) and the "peace" (from Ellen Hutson) and the result is a lovely card which I am teaching this month in my classes.

I am entering this card in the die crazy challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge and the pigment powders challenge at Paper Artsy.  

6 comments:

designbydonna said...

Karen, that is just stunning. It really is peaceful.

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Karen! It's so elegant and striking, just perfect for our challenge.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Love your falling 'snow' Karen, and this is a gorgeous card!
Blessings
Maxine

Sandy said...

So beautiful - fantastic colors of blue.
Sandy xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is really gorgeous. I saw this and others in the Scrap & Stamp Arts magazine. Love the article too.

SCarol said...

Stunning! Am going to have to give this a go!