Monday, March 27, 2017

The Reading Tree Dreams Card


Happy Monday everyone! It's my turn to post a card on Die-Version's blog and mine, and I am sharing a card I made with the brand new “Reading Tree” die from Die-Versions. I love this die with the lovely tree and the sweet kids reading under its branches. I started with a background that I stamped with the Dream stamp from Local King Rubber Stamp. I die cut the reading tree out of the stamped card front, sponged it with brown ink and inlaid the tree back into the stamped card front on a navy blue cardbase. I die cut the little girl and boy readers out of black pieces and used pop dots to attach them so they are raised for dimension. I believe reading gives kids (and everyone) dreams and the passion to “reach for the stars to change the world.” 

2 comments:

Craftychris said...

Fabulous card and I agree with how important reading is for everyone! I read everyday. xxx

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love it. Great design. If you can read, that opens up so many new avenues in your life. Very important message in this post.