Friday, April 15, 2011

Hambo Hoedown Ogre Card

The challenge this week at Hambo Hoedown is to use distressing and this really cute Ogre digital stamp. I am doing an extra post today because he is just too cute to not share him right away. I distressed the card with black ink and my distresser tool after embossing it with a Tim Holtz embossing folder. The words (that came with the Ogre digital stamp from Hambo) were also distressed with black ink after cutting apart. I dressed my ogre by paperpieceing his shirt and pants and raised him with mounting taper when attaching.  Isn't he cute?

Stamping smiles, Karen

7 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

An absolutely brilliant card Karen, it made me smile.
Kevin xx

Ida said...

Hee, Hee....what a fun card. That Ogre and Sentiment just crack me up.

Hannah Clark said...

So cute! I love what you did with the paper piecing! Thanks for joining us at Hambo Hoedown!

RobinH said...

cute! I like how you paper pieced the shirt and pants. The embossed background is a great addition to the card too

Unknown said...

Love his plaid shirt.

Hey Hey Paula said...

Fun card. I like the embossed background & he looks so handsome in his paper pieced clothes!

Monica Hunter said...

This turned out SO cute! I love his snazzy clothes! LOL Thanks for joining our Hoedown this week! :)