Thursday, October 6, 2011

Can you help a fellow stamper and her family??

Simply Betty is a designer of digital stamps and her 17 year old son, Christian was recently diagnosed with throat cancer. Please go to her site here and read about how you can help. I also have a blog badge displayed on the side which links to her site. This blog badge was created by my good friends Sara and Michael of Paper Creations Ink as their way of helping to spread the word.

The best way to help is to either donate and create a card with the stamp you will receive (Zander above) and send to Christian to cheer him; or to purchase any stamp(s) you like from the site to help the family financially. I have chosen to do both and to share the cards here today with you.

The card above has been sent to Christian. I printed the digital stamp named Zander and cut him out with an oval nestie.The oval was also embossed and distressed with blue ink. I paper pieced his clothes and shoes and colored the rest with my copics. The background was created with burlap material embossed on paper using my new No More Shims thick embossing rubber. I rubbed Distress Ink over the raised edges. I added a piece of red burlap and a sentiment from Cornish Heritage Farms to complete the card. I hope he likes it!




This card features the Fall Frolic digital stamp from Simply Betty. I started with a round card and scalloped layer from Paper Cuts. I printed the fun digital stamp and cut her out and embossed with my circle nesties. As usual, I paper pieced and colored the rest with copics. There were leaves flying in the digital stamp image, but I punched my own with an ek success leaf punch in several fall colors. I ended up with a cute fall card I will be donating to my kids at Send a Smile 4 Kids.

Donating our cards is what the challenge is all about at Card Cupids (another great charity blog!) and both of these cards are being donated. I am also entering these cards in the challenges at Paper Take Weekly (Anything Goes and/or Punches) and Jen's Digis (Let's Hear it for the Girls.)

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Angie said...

lovely card cute image thanks for joining us at Papertake weekly
Angie x