Sunday, January 8, 2012

Dilly Beans and Simply Create Too Challenges

The challenge this week at Dilly Beans is Winter Wonderland and at Simply Create Too, they want us to use more than two layers. This is a card I created for a challenge at my local stamp club. We were given the sketch and the colors and this is what I came up with. I started by punching the large snowflake border punch from Martha Stewart in light blue and then attached the light yellow and white pieces and embossed the whole thing with a snowflake embossing folder. I cut the black delicate snowflakes with a Memory Box die, cut it apart and placed them behind the other pieces. I stamped the skating penguin and paper pieced him, cut and embossed with a circle nestie and added the snowflakes and pearls to complete the card.

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Marjo said...

Love all the layers Karen! Thanks so much for sharing this super cute card with us at Simply Create Too.

xoxo Marjo

Jenn Borjeson said...

So cute! Thanks for joining us at Dilly Beans! :)

She's a Color Queen said...

Very cool. I like all your embossing and cutting! So happy to have you join us at Dilly Beans this week!

DonnaMundinger said...

Adorable penguing and I love the embossing and fabulous punches and dies. thanks for joining us at Dilly Beans. xxD

Jennifer Scull said...

what a fun card! love the shape and all of those great punches! of course the little penguin is adorable, too.
thank you for playing along with us in our 'Winter Wonderland' challenge at Dilly Beans! :)