Saturday, March 3, 2012

SAS4Kids CAS Challlenge

It's time for another new challenge at Send a Smile 4 Kids and our theme is CAS (Clean and Simple) for Kids. Of course, CAS does not mean slap a couple stickers on a card and call it done. But it does mean you don't have to have many many layers or anything real complicated and kids will love the card, because YOU made it!

We have three wonderful sponsors for this challenge: Doodle Pantry is rewarding a random winner a $15 gift certificate; The Cutting Cafe's prize is 3 sets of digital stamps or cutting files; and Sassy Studio's prize is 4 digis of the winner's choice!

I made three fun cards with our sponsor's images. The first one uses a Rainboots cutting file from The Cutting Cafe'. I love shaped cards and The Cutting Cafe' is the perfect place to find all sorts of fun cutting files. This card was printed on yellow cardstock and opens at the top. I also printed on orange dotted dp and added the pieces at the top and bottom from the cutting files. I finished the card with a fun button flower and a "think spring" sentiment piece.

My second card uses a Harry Potter digital stamp from Sassy Studios. I printed him on white cardstock, colored a little with my copics and paper pieced his outfit. The background is simply a Hogwarts Express paper I found on line for free. I cut out a hole behind Harry to highlight him and added a CTMH sentiment in the smoke from the train. My grandson loves Harry Potter so I was really excited to see Sassy Studios has this digital stamp!


My last card uses a darling digi from Doodle Pantry called Cowboy Birdie and a sentiment from Doodle Pantry too. The Cowboy Birdie is pre-colored so making this CAS card only took a few minutes. I started with a square yellow card, added some red dotted dp, punched a star border out of yellow and a blue star with the sentiment. Cowboy Birdie was printed and cut out and added to the card.

I am entering these cards at the challenges at Crafting for all Seasons for shaped cards, Craft Your Passion for paper piecing and The Crazy Challenge for Anything Goes.

Please visit the SAS4Kids blog for all the details and to see the awesome cards designed by TEAM S.A.S.

Stamping smiles 4 our kids, Karen
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

jimlynn said...

WOW! All three of these are wonderful! Love those boots on the first one. So cute!
That train looks like it's headed directly toward me! Awesome.
The third on is just way too cute!! Precious image and love the star on here.
Lynn

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Both are so adorable, I love your fun details and your coloring is wonderful :)

Doreen said...

Love your gorgeous cards Karen. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at Craft your Passion.xxx

Stef H said...

what? really? cas doesn't mean stickers? just kidding. absolutely LOVE your boots!

hugs :)

Cathy Lee said...

Awesome Harry Potter card, Karen. Great paper piecing technique. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenge this week.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Ivonne said...

Wow! Gorgeous cards Karen! LOVE the boots! Hugs, Ivonne

Jani said...

Lovely card!
Thanks for joining us at CFAS!
Jani x