Monday, January 21, 2013

Repeat Impressions Stamp of the Week



The stamp of the week this week at Repeat Impressions is this beautiful Large Arched Window, and it is available this week only for 50% off with the discount code found at Repeat Impressions blog. What a deal! Please visit the blog for all the details and to see the other Rock Star's cards using this stamp.

For my card, I decided to make another Chalkboard Technique card as I learned how to make here. I started with a piece of black cardstock and embossed the large arched window with white embossing ink at the top. I also embossed the “Look to this day” saying from the Sanskrit and “Let Your Light Shine” on the sides. I stamped that sentiment a couple more times with white craft ink and drew some lines with a white colored pencil. I added some yellow stars and layered on a yellow card.

This card and its sentiments seem appropriate for Martin Luther King Jr. Day and also the start of President Obama’s second term. Here’s hoping every tomorrow will be a vision of Hope!

I am entering this card in the Embossing challenges at Totally PaperCrafts and  A Gem of a Challenge.

Stamping smiles, Karen

5 comments:

NanaConnie said...

Karen, You do the chalkboard technique so well, and this is lovely. Love the way you did the "Let your light shine" sentiment.

Unknown said...

Stunning card, such a great saying and great job with the embossing! Thanks for joining our embossing challenge at A Gem of a Challenge!
Hugs xx Cara xx DT

carol said...

lovely creation, thanks for sharing with us at TPC x carol

Cheri said...

Love this technique, Karen! Thanks for sharing the link. Your card is awesome.

joy said...

Wonderful card! You inspired me with your chalkboard technique, so I used it on my sketch card! Thank you for inspiring me!