Monday, February 11, 2013

Paper Take Weekly and Crafty Sentiments Challenges


Anything Goes at Paper Take Weekly and Crafty Sentiments Challenges this week, so I am free to pick my favorite card that I made recently to share with you. I was inspired by a card on Pinterest to try this fun sponging background and love how it turned out. I cut a circle out of the front of a card with a Nestabilities circle and then used the circle I cut out to sponge the inside piece. First I drew the circle lightly with pencil on the inside white piece, then marked a spot on the right side to start the sponging. After sponging a semi-circle, I just moved the mask a little first up for the blues, and then down for the greens. I die cut some cat-tails (Spellbinders) and punched a bird (Martha Stewart) and added a birthday sentiment on SU punches to complete the card.

Stamping smiles, Karen


6 comments:

Diane said...

Your sponging effect is fab Karen !! So simple ,but so lovley !! Thanks for playing at Crafty Sentiments Designs !!

hugs Diane xx

Danni said...

That sponging is just amazing! what a wonderful card!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

Very cool technique!!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

What a fabulous inking technique Karen, and I love how you used the circle aperture to frame the scene. Absolutely love it.

(Just found you on Pinterest - thanks for following).
Have a lovely day - Sylvia x

Gery said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gery said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.