Sunday, May 26, 2013

Silhouette Sunday Featuring Silhouettes


I love my Silhouette die cutting machine and I also love using silhouette images on my cards. This kitty cat Father's Day card is for my DH as he loves our kitty and the color orange. I started with the scalloped circle shapes that are the featured shapes for this week's Weekly Shape Challenge at the Silhouette Blog. I then cut the kitty silhouette and the banner sentiment tag, all cutting files from the Silhouette store. I stamped the sentiment and added some pearls and washi tape to complete the card.


I love this silhouette love card I created with more cutting files from the Silhouette store. I started with a shades of blue paper I created with a file from Silhouette. I cut raindrops in the top part of that background. The couple smooching under an umbrella was cut out in black and also in a rainbow stripe that I created with the Fill Gradient Option. I used the umbrella part in the rainbow colors and decided to layer the rest of the rainbow image just behind the black silhouette couple. I created a rectangle in my drawing area and filled it with the same rainbow colors and then cut out the love die (from W Plus 9.)

I am entering this card in the "To Die For" challenge at Polkadoodles.

Stamping and Silhouette smiles, Karen

2 comments:

Lidia Baltazar said...

Great cards, thanks for joining us al Polka Doodles xxx Lidia DT http://lidiascardsscrapbook.blogspot.mx

alethea said...

Fab cards!! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles!! Hugsxx