Saturday, April 5, 2014

Happy Mother's Day (From the Kids) at Send a Smile 4 Kids!

It’s Saturday and time for another fun challenge at Send a Smile 4 Kids! This time our challenge is Happy Mother’s Day (From the Kids). Create and link any card for Mother’s Day that a child could give his or her mother and you could win one of our great prizes.

We have three very generous sponsors for this challenge:  Doodle Pantry is giving their winner a $10 gift certificate! A Day for Daisies is giving their randomly picked winner a $12 gift certificate!  And Stitchy Bears Digital Outlet’s winner gets 2 digis (a $6 value)! TEAM S.A.S will also be choosing their favorite cards for our top three and the winners will receive a blog badge and an opportunity to be a guest design team member on a future challenge.

I just love the "Best Man" image from A Day for Daisies I used to make my first card above. He reminds me of my sweet grandson:) I printed him on white cardstock, paper pieced his tux and flowers and colored the rest with my Copics. The sentiment is from Repeat Impressions. I attached blue polka dotted dp on half of the front piece and attached the cut out "Best Man" over the middle. That piece was popped up with mounting tape to raise it over the white card base. 


If you follow my blog, you know I have been having a lot of fun making cards in a box. The flowers and sentiment from Doodle Pantry's Tulip Wreath set seemed perfect for another fun card in a box. I printed the colored version of the tulip wreath and various colors of the tulips and the sentiment and cut them out. I attached all the stamps to a yellow card in a box and added some purple layers and some punched flowers on the sides. This box folds flat for mailing and I think any Mother would love receiving this cheerful tulip card.

I am entering the second card in the Spring challenge at Milk Coffee and the Fancy Folds challenge at Inky Impressions. 

5 comments:

SiskiyouSue said...

Beautiful cards! I am a huge fan of A Day for Daisies, and your little man is adorable.

SiskiyouSue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Verna Angerhofer said...

That IS such a darling card for Mother. Cute little guy all dressed up. And, another wonderful card in the box design too.

Jacquel said...

Your box card is really cute & I like those flowers!

Thanks so much for playing along with us @ Inky Impressions & hope to see you back for our upcoming Dots & Stripes Challenge!!!!!

vivie said...

wonderful creation!!! thanks for joining us at inky rubberstamps!!!