Monday, May 5, 2014

Have a To-tea-ly Awesome Day!

I recently received two cards in the mail that gave me the ideas I used in this card. I was reminded of the subtle look of faux silk and a different way to open the card and I consider a card with a great idea one the best presents you can give me:) I stamped the beautiful tea cup from Stampin' Up on a piece of white cardstock in a bright aqua blue ink. I crumbled up a piece of white tissue paper, then attached it after applying a coat of glue stick. The wrinkles remain giving the piece a subtle textured feel and look.
The top part swings open on a hinge to reveal the fun sentiment from Inky Antics on the inside. The bottom front peach piece was embossed with an embossing folder from Embossalicious.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at Suzy Bee's and That Craft Place.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Adorable Design Thank you for joining us at Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge it is much appreciated without you we would have no challenge, I do hope you will join us again for another fab challenge nest week…. Good luck in the draw…
Hugs
Suzy B Owner Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge
x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great card and I love all the texture. I had in the past done tissue paper embellishment on card stock too, so this is a great reminder to me.

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely creation for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 27 'anything goes' - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT . x