Tuesday, September 30, 2014

New Bister Colors Card

I just got black and mahogany Bisters and experimented with them to make this background. Mahogany results in shades of red and brown and black has shades of grey and black. The containers of Bister at I Brake for Stamps here are only $1.65, so I recommend you get them all if you want to try this fun product. I added a text background from Hero Arts, then heat embossed some flowers from Prickley Pear with white embossing powder. I layered on a white card base and added a white butterfly die cut from Memory Box.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at 613 Avenue Create and the Anything Goes with a flower challenge at One Stitch at a Time.

5 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love this Karen. Question though! How did you get the purple color or did you use purple paper?

Kim Heggins said...

Love it...so elegant.

Ina G said...

Love love love this one Karen. Gorgeous colours.

Debbie Adams said...

Your card is just wonderful. I like the stamps you used and the Bister colors you used are stunning. Like the watercolor look with this product. I actually had to go to the site and watch the YT video in order to know what they were, I never heard of them before. They are really neat.
Thank you for sharing and joining us at One Stitch At A Time.
Deborah DT

Jo Ann said...

What a wonderful creation...I love the embossed flower and the white butterfly die-cut. It's goreous! So glad you joined us at our Challenge at 613 Avenue Create. Hope you join us again for today's new Anything Goes Challenge. Hugs and blessings, always!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com