Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day!


I am sharing the Valentine I sent to my BFF who is enjoying the warmth far away from frigid Wisconsin. I love using the positives and negatives of dies and the Sketch Heart from Simon Says Stamp works beautifully for that. I die cut it several times out of white and deep red to create this card. I also die cut the sentiment out of an alphabet die from Die-Versions. This is what the inside looks like:

One more sketch heart and a "friend" from Paper Smooches. I am finding I am using die cuts even more than stamps lately.

 I am entering this card in the Valentines challenge at Scrap and Craft and the Anything Goes challenge at Scrapper's Delights.




7 comments:

Carole Z said...

Fab card Karen, I bet your friend was thrilled...Happy Valentines Day! hugs Carole Z X

Chrissy said...

Thank you Karen for becoming my newest follower and your lovely comment on my card..I'm delighted to follow you too and love your gorgeous valentine card for your BFF..really effective and love the colours.
I'm live in New Zealand so living in a warm climate too as we are in the middle of summer..nice to meet.

luv CHRISSYxx

Kim Heggins said...

Sweet Valentine's Day card...love all that red and white, so sweet.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Another winning card design. This looks fantastic with the positive and negative used together.

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Karen this is fabulous - love the burgundy colour you have used, and the way you have used the die cute.
Blessings
Maxine

Petra Swart said...

Great use of the dies, Karen!!! What a lovely and clever way to do the card front!!! Love the inside, too!!!

Margot-craftcorner said...

Very pretty cards !! thank you for playing along with us at Scrap & Craft :)