Friday, May 22, 2015

Happy Birthday to Vicky from Crackerbox Palace!


It's Crackerbox Palace Friday and today I am sharing another project I made with Crackerbox Palace’s gorgeous stamps and Color Burst powders. Vicky Briggs, one of the owner of Crackerbox Palace, had a birthday this week and this framed picture was her present from me. With Color Burst and beautiful stamps, anyone can be an artist, even me!

I heat embossed some of CBP’s flowers and one of their gorgeous ladies (like the birthday girlJ) on a large piece of watercolor paper. Then I sprinkled all the brilliant colors of Color Burst all over the piece, using a small paint brush to direct color to the flowers and lady. When dry, I added some coffee stains and leaves and used bleach to remove the color from the face. Crackerbox Palace is named after a George Harrison song, so I printed a verse on velum and attached with glue dots covered up with gold gems.

Here are a couple more pictures of the birthday project close up. I am happy to report Vicky loved her present. 



I am in love with the brilliant colors and awesome backgrounds and looks easily achieved with this new product from Ken Oliver Crafts! Crackerbox Palace is now carrying all six colors of Color Burst powders and they are on sale right now for 10% off! They can be found at the bottom of the main website page while on sale and in the accessories section here. All you do to get the beautiful colors for your project is sprinkle a little of the concentrated powders onto a piece of watercolor paper and spritz with water. Just a little goes a long way.

In the upcoming weeks I will be posting more cards and art projects on the two blogs featuring Color Burst and Crackerbox Palace stamps. You really should give this new product a try- you are going to love what you can do with them!

**As a present to you from Crackerbox Palace, all the CBP stamps  on this project will be 20% OFF for one week! So the stamps and Color Burst are on sale! Free shipping on all orders over $45 too!! Great deals- Check it out!**

I am entering this project in the Anything Goes challenges at Penny’s Paper-Crafty and Wonderful Wednesdays.

3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beuatiful gift Karen - I really am in awe of how you are using these background colours.
Blessings
Maxine

Marilyn Webb said...

Wow, it's stunning!! Thank you for entering our WW challenge with Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps.
hugs
Marilyn DT

Verna Angerhofer said...

Another gorgeous card design.