Thursday, June 18, 2015

Favorite Technique and Product at Simon Says Stamp Challenge




The theme this week at my favorite challenge, Simon Says Stamp, is to showcase our favorite technique and/product. My favorite products right now are my colored powders from Brusho, Bister and Color Burst. And my favorite technique to do with those products is to use cling wrap (or saran wrap) on glossy paper after wetting the colored crystals or powders. Sometimes the technique results in very dramatic lines but sometimes the result is more subtle like in this background. Here is a picture of the background close up: 
I sprinkled blue and green Brusho Colour Crystals on a glossy piece, and spritzed with a gold Shimmer Mist, then applied scrunched up cling wrap and let it sit for about 15 minutes. I love how it turned out. Then I die cut Tim Holtz's new Mixed Media corner (from Sizzix) out of vellum, and a couple of pennants (also from Sizzix.) The sentiment is from Precious Remembrance. I attached the vellum with glue dots under some funky square sequins.

I am entering this card in the challenge at Simon Says Stamp and the Anything Goes challenge at Crafty Sentiments Designs.


10 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

That background is FAB-o! It's easy to see why this is your favorite technique when it creates such stunning results.

Verna Angerhofer said...

I have to try the cling wrap sometime soon. I will wait until the grandkids leave though as I am too busy for much other than their attention. I sure love the look of it and you are always inspiring me.

JJ said...

Beautiful Karen, gorgeous mix of colour.

Love & hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

crazy4atc said...

Great piece! Thanks for sharing!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love this Karen - fabulous background and the vellum overlay is stunning.
Blessings
Maxine

Karen Dunbrook said...

beautiful mf.

Greta said...

Wowzer! Love the gorgeous background--fabulous card!

Aunty Sue said...

Such a brilliant project thanks for sharing with us at CRAFTY SENTIMENTS this week

Pat said...

I love the colours and I love the TH die cut out of vellum with the pennants in coordinating colours which work beautifully. A pretty card Karen. x

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Karen! It's so striking and your background looks wonderful.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx