Monday, July 20, 2015

Masked Friend Card


I am in the middle of a very busy few weeks here so that is why you are not seeing a new card every day here on my blog. Having lots of fun but it will be nice too when it is not so busy and my travels are done. I decided to sneak the time to post a card for the masking challenge at Love Love Cards this month. I masked the front of this card leaving only the strip on the left exposed, then stamped and sponged the strip with peach distress ink. I removed the mask and stamped the beautiful sentiment from Rubbernecker. (The floral swirl stamp is from Rubbernecker too.) I punched a couple butterflies out of a Brusho Goosebumps piece and added a trail of gems before attaching to a black cardbase.

I am also entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at 613 Avenue Create.

5 comments:

Beverly G said...

So happy to welcome you as my newest follower and I'm very happy to become your newest follower. Your masking card is beautiful. I've been looking at those Brusho powders, would love to hear your opinion on them here's my email--granybg@yahoo.com
I know you're busy right now so no rush just when you get a chance.

kiwimeskreations said...

Gorgeous Karen - love the way the stamp swirls within the panel.
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card design and I love the swirls and the color you chose.

Em Louise Fairley said...

Karen this is gorgeous! Love it! Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create and I hope you'll join us again soon.

Hugs,
Em AKA Creative Em
613 Avenue Create DT

Sheryl said...

Hi Karen, this is such a pretty elegant card. I love the contrast i intensity of the colours on the panel and the butterflies. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create this week. Hugs Sheryl DT xx