Friday, August 28, 2015

Thinking of You Bister Card

I am working on cards for a demonstration for the local art association on Bisters, Brushos and Color Burst colored crystals. This is the card I am demoing to show the beautiful wood tones of Bisters. I sprinkled yellow, mahogany and green Bister powders on a piece of watercolor paper, then spritzed them with iridescent gold Glimmer Mist. You can use water to activate BBCB, but I like the shimmer  that happens when I use Glimmer Mist, although it is very hard to show on a photograph. I cut the piece down to fit on an A2 card base and added a beautiful die cut from Poppy Stamps and the perfect sentiment from Gina K. I send "thinking of you" cards frequently and prefer them over get well cards which are not always appropriate.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge  and 613 Avenue Create.

6 comments:

JJ said...

This is gorgeous Karen, so love the background

Love & hUgs

jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Glittered Paws said...

Absolutely beautiful.

Verna Angerhofer said...

The background is wonderful and I love the way you added the sentiment at the top and then allowed the rest of the die cutout to drape over the card.

kiwimeskreations said...

Both the background and the die cut are stunning Karen and together they make an amazing card!
Blessings
Maxine

Nancy said...

Oh, Karen. This is amazing - even more beautiful than the samples in thr July issue of Scrap & Stamp Arts. Gorgeous. Thanks for sharing this technique with us.

Melissa Bove said...

Wow! Such a beautiful card! That background is amazing!! So pretty!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa