Thursday, September 24, 2015

Hunka Hunka Elvis Shaker Card



Today I am sharing a card I made with Crackerbox Palace’s awesome stamps and Color Burst brilliant colored crystals which are available from Crackerbox Palace. The minute I saw CBP’s Elvis stamp, I knew I wanted to make a card that said “Hunka Hunka Burning Love” and had some flames on it. I asked John to design those stamps for me and this card is the result. Customized stamps are a big part of what Crackerbox Palace can do for you. You can contact CBP via phone or email and chances are, they can make a customized stamp out of any idea you might have. If you like Elvis, this song and the flames, you can order any of them by contacting Crackerbox Palace directly.

I started this card with a piece of watercolor paper and sprinkled Merlot, Lemon Yellow and Orange Color Burst powders on, then spritzed with water. After it was dry, I cut the frame out with a Spellbinders die. I stamped the flames on the top of the open frame and applied gold and copper glitter paste from BoBunny. I stamped Elvis and cut him out. I also stamped the juke box and the “hunka hunka burning love” on the white card base. I created a shaker card with two layers of mounting tape and dumped in a bunch of sequins and beads. After attaching card front, the beads and sequins move around and shake, rattle and roll as this picture shows:

I am going to share this card in the workshops we have coming up on October 18th and 19th featuring Color Burst and Deep Impressions techniques. If you are local, we have openings yet in the Monday sessions. Email me via the contact feature on the side of my blog if you are interested in attending.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at Through the Craft Room Door and 613 Avenue Create, and the No DP challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wed. Challenge.

7 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a striking card Karen - love the shaker element with those words!!
Blessings
Maxine

Anne Temple said...

Fabulous card! Love it.

Verna Angerhofer said...

You have to love anything that has to do with Elvis. Lovely design and a great image of Elvis and also love the jukebox too! Awesome card.

Bettina L. said...

Love the Elvis shaker and such fab colours too. Thanks for playing at 613 Avenue Create and sorry for my a bit late comment. Hope to see you back in with our new challenge. Bettina DT Member 613 Avenue Create xx

Theresa said...

what a super cool card. it rocks! befitting the king of rock and roll. thanks for sharing it with us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa DT xx
http://craf-ther.blogspot.co.uk/

debby4000 said...

What a fabulous Elvis card.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Andrea D. La Vigne said...

Congratulations at being in the Top Three at Through the Craft Room Door, Karen! Awesome! ~ Andrea Andrea's Paper Antics