Monday, January 11, 2016

Happy Birthday NBUS Shaker Card


Today I am sharing a birthday card I made with some Never Before Used Schtuff.  I have several new card front size dies that I bought to make shaker cards with. But I am finding there is not enough uncut paper around the edges or between the words to add the layers of mounting tape or whatever you are using to make the shaker element without that showing through. I love this new birthday background die from Poppy Stamps and couldn't wait to play with my new Crazy Bird Accessories stamps from Tim Holtz. I stamped the Crazy Bird, his hat and balloon in various papers and cut them out. I attached him to the front of the cut out card and used baker's twine to hold the balloon. I stamped "shake it" from Studio Calico on a purple strip. The layers of mounting tape to hold the beads and sequins that will shake are hidden under the bird and the shake it sign, and just above the cursive birthday. I also added a few larger sequins to hide any small areas the mounting tape showed through. Here is a close-up of the shaker elements in the center of the card:


I am entering this card in the Something New challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge and the Anything Goes challenge at Scrapy Land. (The die from Poppy Stamps and the Crazy Bird Accessories Stamps are new to me.) 

8 comments:

JJ said...

Beautiful card Karen, love your design.

Love & hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Deepti said...

This shaker card is so fun and happy! Love that birdie :)

Lori Kobular said...

Great shaker card! I love those TH Crazy Birds! An adorable Birthday card! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #33!

Aileen said...

Wonderful shaker card, love the stamp and the background, looks brilliant.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great card Karen, and ingenious use of the decorative elements to be able to make it a shaker card.
Blessings
Maxine

Kathy Krug said...

Such a fun card. Great shaker card with that cute little bird. Thanks for joining us at Scrap Land Challenge 33.

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is awesome. A really clever shaker card design and that will be so much fun for someone to receive.

Samra said...

Nicely done!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Scrapy Land Blog!
Hugs
Samra DT
Paper Talk with Samra