Thursday, March 17, 2016

Cat's Whiskers Metallic Camo Card with Favorite Dies


I have been playing with Tonic Studio's new Pampered Pets dies and my new Metallic Camo technique (explained in this blog post.) Today I am sharing a fun card featuring the new Cat's Whiskers die and stamp set. I sprinkled silver, black and gold Nuvo embossing powders on a sticky two sided tape piece and heat set them with a heat gun resulting in the texured sparkly finish. I die cut the Cat's Whisker's die from Tonic Studio and attached it to a stitched circular die from Die-Versions. I cut strips of the Metallic Camo finished paper and attached them to a top folding card. I stamped the perfect sentiment from Tonic Studios and attached the kitty piece with mounting tape. I like to add something to the inside for fun as shown here:


I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenges at TTCRD and Crafty Sentiments and the Cute and Cuddly challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

8 comments:

Cara said...

Great technique, what a striking card you made. Definitely the cat's whiskers! Cara x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wonderful shining tones with your own technique and love this kitty!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fun card Karen - love the combination of metallic coloured embossing powders
Blessings
Maxine

Colorin' Kate said...

Love how your technique looks on the cat !

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a really cute card!

laurigami said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs. hugs
laurigami

Neha said...

Lovely technique! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
TTCRD DT
Completely Handmade... {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

jenn shurkus said...

what a great sentiment :) love this card too!! thank you for playing a long with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge