Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Playing with Tonic Studios Flip Dies



I recently received two of the Tonic Studios flip dies and experimented with them to see what size envelopes would work with the completed cards. I know many of the Tonic Studios dies are larger than we usually see here in the states, and when you look at samples from over the pond, their cards are also larger than what fits into our standard size envelopes. The two samples I am sharing here fit into our legal or business size envelope and into a 5 1/2" x 8" envelope. Of course if you have an envelope maker, you can make the flip fold cards any size you wish. When making the card above, I first cut a piece of white cardstock 8 1/2" x 8 1/2" and cut the Forever My Friend Flip card base in the center. Once folded, I cut the folded width to 4 inches. I embossed the whole card with an A4 sized embossing folder by Sue Wilson. I die cut the oval pieces (which are part of this die set) out of aqua blue and white. Here is a look at the card flipped open: 


I added a Happy Birthday sentiment die cut from Tonic Studio's Happy Birthday Pansy Topper Set and finished the card with Nuvo Blue Lagoon Glitter Drops in each embossed intersection. These die sets are so versatile! The oval inner pieces would make a gorgeous card on their own. I will have to try that soon!

For my second card, I die cut the "It's The Little Things" Flip die in the center of a 7 3/4" square piece of white cardstock. After folding the flip, this card will fit into  5 1/2 x 8" envelope. I die cut the sentiment and shaped inside die out of red mirror cardstock (from Tonic's Christmas Mirror Cardstock pack.) I die cut two black borders using Tonic's Moroccan Mosaic Simple Screens dies. I added some red pearls and red and black gems to the card front. Here is a look at the center of the card after flipping:

I left the center blank to write a personal message to the recipient. I am entering these cards in the Anything Goes challenges at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge,  Love to Scrap! and Craft Your Passion.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Hi, Karen! These are both fabulous. The black and red one is so elegant with those gorgeous dies. And the flip part is super fun! Thanks for playing with LTSCB.

kiwimeskreations said...

What amazing cards Karen - you have really made these dies sing.
Blessings
Maxine

Angie said...

Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenges.
I hope you can join us again.
Angie DT

Teresa Kline said...

hello karen! this is a super creative designed card..luv it! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*