Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Fall Colored Hanging Charm Pull Tab Card


I am fascinated with unique folds and pop up elements on cards and have tried to make a pull up like this one from a tutorial but had no success. I saw a card with the Hanging Charm Pull Tab die by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs and decided I had to indulge and buy the die. I made several cards with it already and will be sharing them here soon. I love fall colors and created this card for my stamp club shoebox project for next month. With this die, the pull up element is so easy to make! I started with a gold A2 card base and sponged on red distress ink through a new leaves stencil by Memory Box. I die cut the frame and base of the pull tab out of a pretty fall leaves dp and the pull tab itself out of dark brown. This is what the front of the card looks like before pulling the bakers twine:



I punched some pretty fall colored maple leaves and attached them to a small tag for the hanging element. When the recipient pulls the bakers twine on the pull tab, this is what they see and can display:



I punched a label shape in the card base and inserted a label with a beautiful stamped sentiment from Gina K. 

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at Scrapy Land.

5 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Awesome fold on your card! Love the fall colors! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

Fikreta said...

great card
Fiki🐈

Nora Noll said...

How cool!! I am just getting into more interactive cards. I love your autumn colors on this!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great card Karen - and how wonderful to have a die that does all the hard work as far as measurements go!
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card and design. Great for Fall giving too!