Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Happy Halloween Z-Fold Card


As you know, I love fun fold cards and have made a few z-fold cards since discovering this fold earlier this year. I saw a couple versions on Pinterest with extra tabs in the center but never saw a tutorial for how to do it. It looks similar to box cards I have made, so I tried it and it was not difficult to figure out. The picture above shows the card closed for mailing. Here is a look at the card opened up to show the fences on the inside tabs: 



Isn't that fun? Here are the measurements in case you would like to make one: I started with a spooky cardstock weight designer paper I bought at JoAnns cut 5 1/2" x 11" and scored at 5 1/2" and 2 3/4". I cut the orange strip 1" x 11" and scored at the same measurements. I cut two black tabs 4 3/4" x 3/4" and scored on each side at 1 inch. I diecut the Happy Halloween Channel die from Memory Box out of black and attached it to the longer side of the orange strip. I popped up the little pumpkin for the O. I punched the jack-o-lantern face (punch from Fiskars) and attached the orange strip. The two black tabs are attached inside the center of the orange strip and I punched and attached the Halloween fence using a Martha Stewart punch. I die cut Cheery Lyn's Witches Skirt out of purple and attached it upside down behind the fences. I added some grey bats (die from IO) and a ghost die cut with an old Sizzix die. Here is another look at this fun fold card: 




4 comments:

Krisha said...

CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!!! Adorable card Karen!

Mandy said...

Fabulous Halloween card Karen! I love the scene you've created and the design is wonderful.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love the spooky scene you made. A great Halloween card design.

Macarena said...

Absolutely fabulous night scene. I love the shadows of the trees and the black and grey ambient. Thank you for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! Hugs, Macarena