Monday, January 16, 2017

Spring Rose with Metallic Tissue Background


Are you ready for some pretty Spring inspiration? I am sooo tired of all the snow and bitter cold! It's my turn to post a card on Die-Version's blog and mine, and I am sharing a card I made with the beautiful new Rose and Leaves die. This lovely die is just one of many fantastic new dies just released by Die-Versions. I die cut the rose and leaves out of dark pink, light pink and green cardstock. I wanted to keep all the pieces together to be able to easily paper piece them so I put a piece of Glad  Press and Seal under the cardstock when I cut the three colors. The Press and Seal kept all the pieces together right where they belonged as the rose was assembled. I die cut the rose shape out of  the front of a piece of tissue paper I had colored with Brusho Coloured Crystals and embossed with gold embossing powder. Here is a link to the Metallic Tissue tutorial I did on my blog. This background is flatter than the others I did because I ran it through my Tangerine die cutting machine to die cut the rose shape. Then I inlaid the rose outline, inside petals and green leaves.  

4 comments:

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous background for the lovely pretty flower! xxx

Nora Noll said...

Oh wow!! That background is incredible!! What a cool look!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great colors on the background and love the flower.

kiwimeskreations said...

Another beautiful card Karen, and thanks so much for your tip about using the Glad press and seal to keep your die cuts together!
Blessings
Maxine