Friday, August 25, 2017

Handmade Hugs Card with NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff)


I finally got a chance to play with my pile of NBUS (never before used schtuff) on the bed in my craft room and this handmade hugs card is the result. I saw a few cards made with the marbled background stamp from Stampin' Up and knew I had to get it. The different tones of blue and white are created with the stamp and only one color of ink- so pretty! I die cut the top and bottom pieces out with Jaded Blossom's Card Layer Die Set Two and then cut the hugs die cut (from Lawn Fawn) out of the bottom one. I also die cut a "hugs" out of white fun foam, glued the two together and then attached it back in the spot I die cut it from. The sentiment and the hearts in the center strip are from a new set called Cuddles and Hugs from Concord and 9th. Here is a peak at the center of the card where I attached another strip of that lovely marbled paper:


I figure every time I send a card I made to someone, it is a handmade hug, so I love the sentiment on this card!

Thanks for helping me #share the joy of creativity!

5 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

Wow, Karen that background looks like the shaving cream technique only much cleaner to do! I love it and the divided look of it. Great card.

Glennis F said...

Love the stamp Karen, very versatile

Fikreta said...

Wonderful card!

Celeste Goff said...

Great card Karen! Love the marbelized background!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card design.