Tuesday, August 8, 2017

You Make Me a Happy Camper!



I really use that expression all the time- and right now I am truly a Happy Camper because I found time to play with some of the new dies I have sitting on my bed in my craft room and also because of my new adventure! I played with some new dies from Recollections (the Happy Camper set I couldn't resist) and the new chunky alphabet die set from Jaded Blossom to make this card. I received some summer flowers recently from my husband and they were wrapped in the cheerful striped paper I cut out for the front of this card. It was just too cute to discard and I loved the bright primary colors. I started with a round cardbase I cut out with layered circle dies from Tonic Studios. The striped wrap was die cut with a stitched circle die from Lil' Inker. I die cut and attached the camper and "happy camper" sentiment and attached with pop dots and my favorite glue- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive. Then I die cut "You Make Me A" using the new dies from Jaded Blossom. I like that I can say anything now with these dies and they are a nice size even for longer sentiments. 

I am also a "Happy Camper" right now because the grand opening of my YouTube channel is going well and I have received many encouraging comments and new subscribers. To check out the new YouTube channel and see how you can qualify to win a prize package of dies, stamps and Nuvo goodies valued at almost $200, click on the top picture on the right side of my blog or go here.

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at Scrapy Land. Thanks for helping me #spread the joy of creativity!

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

Karen, that is a cute card. I have to laugh though. Isn't it just like crafters to take an every day item like that striped paper and see potential for a card? I do that all the time.

Celeste Goff said...

Love this fun and happy shaped card

Verna Angerhofer said...

Fantastic card and a great recycling of the paper too.

Maryvonne Coussé said...

Beautiful card ! Thanks for joining us at SCRAPY LAND challenges blog and good luck
Maryvonne, DT member